Such a shame…
We have included photos of the Bas-Relief and the archway where it was displayed as well as links to different sites where the Tower is discussed in detail. Unfortunately, as is so often the case, there is no mention of the contribution made by Joseph Guardo.
Note again as indicated elsewhere, during his early years, he signed his name P. (for Peppino) Guardo.

| Detailed view of Bas-Relief over doorway of Tour des Martyrs in Saint Célestin, Québec - Studio Photo (1929) |
![]() |
| Closeup of Doorway of Tour des Martyrs in Saint Célestin, Québec |
![]() |
| Joseph Guardo - 'Sculptures 1920-1950' Archival Records |
Links to Websites:
http://www.maisonsaint-gabriel.qc.ca/en/b/page_b_5a_c6_06.html
http://www.maisonsaint-gabriel.qc.ca/en/b/page_b_5a_c6_05.html
En français
http://www.village-st-celestin.net/histoire-tour-martyrs.asp
http://www.ipir.ulaval.ca/fiche.php?id=815


Thank you. We have a souvenir case and inside there is a medal with. Eight people five standing and three kneeling.
ReplyDeleteOur new email is fredgodin@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThe Bas-Relief seems to have been salvaged after the tower was torn down in the 70's and can still be seen (as of August 2026) on the ground, behind the actual church of Saint-Célestin, in front of the Mgr Calixte Marquis Mausoleum.
ReplyDelete